Subscribe

* indicates required

August 27, 2011

Dreams Deferred

Quiet angriness, quiet sadness in this mourning state ... Things are ok, why shouldn’t they be? Maybe it would have been easier for me to be mean these days, to scream at everyone, to show angriness, wounded pride, wounded heart ... lost in memories, in our games and secrets, lost in a deep wordless tranquility … because I know or I feel the truth, because I felt all these before, this huge hole inside my soul, this quiet angriness, quiet sadness …


Things are going to be ok. In time, they shall be ok. We shall hope again, laugh again, talk again about yesterdays. In time, because today I just want peace, words and deferred dreams.   


What happens to a dream deferred?


                               Langston Hughes




Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?


Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.


Or does it explode?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joy/Vertigo

No matter what the future holds, there is the moment of today of pure  joy, which reminded me of the first novel I read long time ago by Pau...