Subscribe

* indicates required

January 19, 2020

The Art of Doing Nothing


Today I should have started working at something quite important. Instead of that, I read 60 pages instead of 10 from a Hemingway’s novel. And I let myself surrender to the tiredness that I have been feeling all the week, doing nothing.
We are learnt to run, to do something all the time, to search for exciting, new things, to shape amazing memories so that we fully feel that we are living. Yes, I am a workaholic, yes, I do want to travel, to meet mad people “mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved” (Kerouac), yes, I do want to make a difference all the time, yes, I do want to go full steam ahead, but from time to time, we should embrace the nothingness, the quiet days, the few moments when we can be with ourselves, where nothing is demanded from us (or postpone whatever we must do), because sometimes, maybe sometimes, life can be amazing in its ordinariness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Joy/Vertigo

No matter what the future holds, there is the moment of today of pure  joy, which reminded me of the first novel I read long time ago by Pau...