Subscribe

* indicates required

June 24, 2012

Ithaca 1

This is one of the activities in which I've lost myself this year. It was a HELL of experience, in a reality impossible to ignore, cruel, hopeless, and meaningless. For the thoughts and feelings that I’m wearing inside myself, hoping that one day I shall have time and energy to put them on paper, for the things that these kids taught me, for all the hours that some of my students destroyed, for all the unbearable stories that I've discovered, I thank them. Because although I still have many things to learn, I wouldn't have been the teacher that I am today if I hadn’t met an Ivan, an Ionut, or several gypsies [cultural empathy]. But at the same time, I also choose to remember the following things:



One of my students' blog (6th grade): http://apyblog.blogspot.ro/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Joy/Vertigo

No matter what the future holds, there is the moment of today of pure  joy, which reminded me of the first novel I read long time ago by Pau...