Subscribe

* indicates required

February 21, 2010

A Day to Remember

The sadness has got new tears
Now they're falling gently on the grown
So invisible and clear
Days. Fading away, blossoming in ourselves, being part of our stories. Each of us has days that pass away without memories, as we all have days full of sufferings, that we only want to erase from ourselves. Who needs them? And there are also days that live forever in ourselves, for their beauty, for their passion, days that wear the initials of Beginning. The Beginning. Our Beginning. Let’s not call them “my days”, let’s just name them Days to Remember.

I could start with Birthdays. We’ve all got a day once in a year when we should have the right to be selfish, to do anything we want, in which we simply see and feel people who remember ... Friends’ birthday – let’s just show them how much they mean to us, let's just try to build up  - for them and for us - new Memories, because at the end, these are the only things that we really have in life .


We shouldn't forget the moment of today, the moment of each day, day after day - be open to build up new memories, because ...





"We seem to be going through a period of nostalgia, and everyone seems to think yesterday was better than today. I don't think it was, and I would advise you not to wait ten years before admitting today was great. If you're hung up on nostalgia, pretend today is yesterday and just go out and have one hell of a time."



 


21st February. Not my birthday. Just A Day to Remember. A day which has escaped time, a day which offered me My Beginning … -  to dreams, to destiny, or to destruction. The Road to Hell, or to Heaven. It encloses in itself, in that tiny memory all that you feel in yourself, all the Passion, all the Joy, all the Feelings deep down, from yourself. Feelings that cannot be destroyed, feelings from which all your energy begins ...  feelings that have escaped and offered your salvation.  



24 hours each year to remember that half an hour, half an hour from which it has emerged many days, from weeks to years. Don't we all have Days to Remember? Because ...


“Sometimes, no matter how much faith we have, we lose people. But you never forget them. And sometimes, it's those memories that give us the faith to go on.”
Just think, try to search the root of memories, and search deep inside of you for these tiny moments. Every year, today, I stop, I take a bow in front of memories, and a long breathe. What have I done since then? Who am I now, what was I then? Have I done a mistake, have I … but most of all, with all the people that I wear inside of me, with all my Egos and my memories, with every piece of me, with my joy and my pain, with all these on my shoulders, can I succeed?

 





 



1 comment:

  1. Hey there I'd like to thanks for keeping your blog post A Day to Remember | Ithaca upto date I'm a daily viewer and yet a bit of a lurker I don't typically participate in or leave opinionsI have frequently considered commencing my very own blog site but I dont feel I would have the time as well as drive to help keep it up to date as you do Once again thanks a lot and also best of luck Sincerely Elinor Harlor

    ReplyDelete

Lifeboats and small good things

In-betweenness. Sinking or navigating the storm. Protecting or giving it all up. Staying or leaving.  Sanctuaries turned into prisons. The b...